Last summer's drought left us with 1 arborvitae out of 9 on our back property line. It didn't take much to pull those poor, dead bushes out of the ground. I moved the one good one to a new spot, I hope it hangs on. Yay for me for clearing them out of there, minus the irritatingly itchy rash on my arm, thank you very much.
The rest of the landscaping is looking pretty good. It's a mix-mash of different flowers and plants, with no real arrangement to speak of. I am not going for a professional look, I like my sort of wild and crazy style. My favorite thing is moving plants and splitting them up and moving them again. I never really know how it's going to look until it they bloom. Then I decide if I like them there or not. If not, I move it. So much fun to dig in the dirt.
My project this year, if I can get my lazy butt in gear, is to build a raised veggie garden. I have not had much success with my deck pots. They grow well, but do not produce as much as I would like. I think they need more room. And since my yard is full of roots from the big trees all over, I am not digging up my yard. I just need to get to Lowe's for some chicken wire and some stakes. And maybe some tomato cages. Any ideas for what I should plant??
The tulips I planted last fall are blooming now. I just love the color. I hope they spread and fill in! I am thinking I need to add some yellow or white ones to the mix.
No comments:
Post a Comment