background

Monday, October 15, 2012

Remembering Mom with Crafting

Crafting is a passion of mine, I love getting creative and making things.  I have always been crafty.  I consider it one of the best traits my Mom could have given me.  She was incredibly talented.  I remember her spending hours on paintings and ceramics.  She loved making Halloween costumes and doing crafts with "us girls".  She loved decorating Christmas cookies, and making candy, and dying eggs with us and it always became a reason to get creative. Every time I get in a creative mood, my Mother comes to mind.  I wish I could share all of my creations with her. 
Mom (left)  made these costumes, I was 4 and my sister was 2.
 I think had she been around today, Pinterest would be her favorite place to go online.  I know I LOVE it!  Here are a few of my most recent creations, some thanks to ideas on Pinterest!
Dry-Erase Calendar

Fall wreath made from thrift store finds (owl was clearanced at JoAnne's)


Balloon and Streamer Spider

Recycled jars, white streamer, googly eyes and led candles
I really hope to keep up the crafty spirit for Christmas this year.  I know things get really busy just after Halloween, so we will see.  Looking forward to Cookies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment