Why is that we have to remember to be Thankful, or in some cases (mine), constantly be reminded? Ok, so maybe I shouldn't say "We" because I can think of quite a few people in my life who could teach the rest of us a thing or two about what it really means to be Thankful. They live and breathe it and when they are not (nobody's perfect) they rarely show it.
I say "We" because I am speaking about American's in general.
There is this crazy sense of entitlement that has most people screaming about what is fair or not and what is right or wrong. Every generation it seems to get worse and worse. Who has this or that...who makes more money...who's house/car/lifestyle is better. We have become a Nation of spoiled brats behaving like whiney children. Wake up people! Life is not fair. Isn't that what my parents always told me?? Life is not supposed to be equal. What is the point of working hard at anything or striving to be better when there are lazy people with their hands out, knowing things are just going to get equalized. I am not talking about the truly needy, there are a lot of people who need real help. The sad thing is that the those people get less because the people who could be taking care of their own choose not to.
Ok ok ok, rant over...but it brings me to this, and belive me when I say that I need this reminder just as much as everyone else. The next time you find yourself envying someone else's life, open your heart and take a really good look at your own. Everyone has something they can be thankful for. Things can always be worse, and if you are at your rock bottom...the only way you can go is UP.
I have looked inwardly and realized that I need to spend more time at church. I need more time talking with God. And I need to stop taking every day for granted. I am going to strive to be more Thankful in my every day life. Intellectually I have always known that I have so much to be thankful for, but in my heart I have not truly felt that way.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, and Christmas not far away...it is time for me to let go of things I want and embrace the love I already have. That is my prayer. I pray that you too can find the Thankfulness in your own hearts.
I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment